Saturday, February 12, 2011

One less lonely girl

That's right. I am quoting from a Justin Bieber song of the same name because it's been running in my head all week as I think about the new addition to my family. (She's little, so she's allowed to have Bieber fever.)



I've had my hands full the past several days because I've adopted a 10-week-old puppy! I imagine I have a lot to learn from her. Patience will be the number one thing! I am so happy to have her, but my life has changed dramatically in ways I actually had thought of... but when you're thinking of how things will be and how they are when they actually play out in reality is so much more intense.


I imagine I feel how a new mom does. I'm tired and nervous and overwhelmed. But happy too! I haven't been up on a Saturday at 6:45 in a long time, but it's what we did today, and I bet it's what we'll do tomorrow. Though it wasn't my choice of timing, I did get a lot more done today since I was up so early.


I am so thankful to have a great support system. My mom came over today and watched the Tar Heels play Clemson with me but also kept her eye on my pup so I could get some work done.


Anyways, I hope to mesh my new puppy routine with my pre-puppy routine. I already miss playing guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment