Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sweet sleep

Let me first say that this will not become a puppy blog. I promise. But today's post is somewhat related to my pup.


This was Riley's sixth night sleeping in her crate, and it was the first time she didn't whine when I put her to bed, or in the middle of the night or very early in the morning. That means I slept my first night through in almost a week, too, and it was awesome.


She has no problem sleeping in the car.


So here's what I'm thinking about that... Earlier last night, I was talking to some girls about how I was feeling overwhelmed with everything and sometimes doubting that I could handle this. It felt so good to hear how each of them had made it through to the other side with raising their puppies. I know it wasn't easy for them, and it won't be easy for me, but it's going to get better. At the end of the night I felt comforted and truly believed all would work out.


Over the past several days, I've been thinking about this verse: 
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." --Mark 11:24
Believing I will get what I need is calming. While I didn't expect immediate results with my pup, and I don't expect immediate results in anything, it shows how when you do believe something will come to you, it can come sooner than you think. So the sooner you believe it's coming to you, the sooner you can receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment