Wednesday, March 23, 2011

26.2 miles: Check!

I ran my first marathon Sunday morning. It was the Tobacco Road Marathon, and 20 of those miles were on the American Tobacco Trail, which meant it was very flat! I think I chose a good first marathon to attempt because any major inclines would have just added to my frustration.


I wrote up a full race report on my running blog in case any readers are interested in checking that out. I should let you know that it's pretty honest about everything that happened during time it took me to complete the course (5:06:42). Everyone on that site (Runner's World) can relate to all things running, so we're all pretty frank. So anyways. There's your warning.


I'm so thankful for my family and friends who came out to support me at the finish as well as my friends who sent me texts and messages with their well wishes. I really appreciated those good thoughts!!


Here are some photos from the race:



Trying not to show my pre-race jitters!

Finally the finish.

Last couple steps.

26.2

Wanting everything and nothing.

J, me, J.

BROTHER! :D Did I mention he ran a half marathon PR??

J & me

I'd say another marathon is definitely in my future... at some point... 

No comments:

Post a Comment