Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luck of the Irish



This holiday always makes me think of my grandma, Ruth, who (according to my mom) loved playing up her Irish side on March 17. I kind of like to do the same thing. I love the color green and pinching people who don't wear green today... so look out if you see me!


I'm also going to throw in an Oscar Wilde quote since it is Thursday. This feels like something that could be said in Ireland:
"Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future." 
--Oscar Wilde

Other Irish things I love:
  • Books: Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt (a great memoir)
  • Movies: The Boondock Saints and The Departed (ones about Irish people in Boston)
  • Drinks: Guinness (Fun fact: It really is good for you! Low calories and high protein!)
  • Music: The Dropkick Murphys (also featured on The Departed soundtrack)



No comments:

Post a Comment