Tuesday, March 15, 2011

nOg Run Club

Monday night might be my new favorite thing!


Months ago I heard about a running club that met every week at the Irish pub Tir na nOg (where the race I ran two weekends ago was). I've seen runners wearing run club shirts at local races and read about the club on my local running store's e-newsletter, but I never actually got my stuff together to go.




Anyways, two Mondays ago I finally buckled down and went with my friend Jen. I feel like taking that first step to doing something can be so difficult sometimes (even when the thing you're wanting to do is so easy) but once you do it once, you open the floodgates.


Last night I went back without Jen (sadly she had to work) but metup with three other people. We went on a nice 3 mile run (even nicer with the daylight savings time in our favor for an evening run) and then played trivia while enjoying the $1 pasta & salad and beer specials.


While our team didn't win, we were actually right in the middle of the pack, so there's much room for improvement while also not thinking too badly about ourselves, haha. There were  a lot of St. Patrick's Day questions that nobody knew, so maybe a week when it's more general we'd have a better chance.


Regardless of how we do in trivia, I'm so excited to be a member of an actual running club now! Eight more runs and I get that free club shirt, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment