Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oscar Wilde Thursday and committing to the walk

"For who, being loved, is poor?"
-Oscar Wilde

Last night I committed to joining the team of a friend to raise money for the SPCA of Wake County. The SPCA recently decided to become a No-Kill shelter, which of course requires more money to keep animals alive until they are adopted.

My mom keeps reminding me that I am totally a dog person (this is when I was freaking out the first two days after I adopted my pup). Before we got our family dog in fifth grade, I would volunteer at our local animal shelter by playing with the dogs. Even when we did have our dog and I moved to North Carolina in high school, I still occasionally volunteered at this SPCA I'm now raising money for.


The shelter where I got Riley (the Animal Protection Society of Durham) doesn't have the funds to be a No-Kill shelter. It takes $250 to support the life of an animal for 2 weeks, which is the amount the 3K Dog Walk is asking each participant to try to raise.


I hope you will consider donating to this cause, or if you're in the Raleigh area, please consider joining our team April 16 for the dog walk downtown! I've heard it's a really fun time.


Go here to visit my fundraising page and/or join the team. Animal lovers unite!


Riley says: Help support us in the 3K Dog Walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment