Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring tricked me

I shouldn't be surprised. That's half the fun of spring, right? Sunshine and then rain? Well, I don't mind the rain, but the 40 degree temperatures are not flying with me anymore. I've put away my winter clothes, and I refuse to get them out again!


For the past several days I've been curled up in bed or on my sofa trying to fight away a sore throat and cough. Riley looks at me every time I start hacking. I wouldn't say it's a look of concern. It's a look that says, Stop making that awful noise. You're disrupting my nap and hurting my ears!


I was so antsy to get outside that I did my Monday night nOg run last night. I was supposed to celebrate marathon success with a running club friend, and I didn't want to wait another week to get to see her. Those 3 miles were so fun and energizing, but they definitely didn't make my throat feel better. In fact, I've been sneezing like crazy today, so I think the heavy breathing outside got a bunch of pollen up in my head.


Excuse me while I go shake my fist at spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment